We are seeking a mathematics teacher to join our team at our new Academy offering the VET by EHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausaunne) program in hospitality. You will be required to deliver foundation mathematics to develop students skills in a business context.
Excellent command of English and with a good command of Arabic would be an advantage.
To be a successful instructor, you should demonstrate effective teaching practices for adult learners.
Reporting to the Manager of Learning and Development, The Mathematics Instructor shall deliver the foundation applied mathematics program for VET by EHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausanne) and any other programs within the Academy.
- Deliver foundation mathematics to students in the VET by EHL programs
- Convert mathematic/numerical concepts within the context of social, commercial contexts
- Provide a stimulating learning environment to students that is sensitive to their personal psychosocial needs
- Develop course materials and continuously improve them based upon changing trends in the industry and employee contexts
- Incorporate the Academy’s objectives into the curriculum by remaining up to date with mission and initiatives
- Develop curriculum and course programs for future academic pathways
- Develop critical thinking skills of students to solve problems in an engaging and stimulating environment
- Document and report on student progress
- Evaluate student performance
- Provide and publish MIS, other reports and insights as per requirement.
- Provide bridging after class sessions if needed
- Support on any accreditation requirements
- Attending meetings with parents and staff to discuss student progress
- Participating in education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises;
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times;
- Act as a role model by making your students feel motivated while maintaining an approachable personality
- Demonstrate the highest of professionalism and uphold the Academy’s service excellence ethos.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Support on all marketing activities and events.
- A thorough understanding of best practices in adult learning
- Organized, flexible disposition.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Math and Science Teacher
- Adult education experience is an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with a specialization in Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Licensed to teach with a teacher certificate
- Excellent command of English
- Some command of Arabic an added advantage.