We are looking for a proactive and astute Manager for Welfare and Administration who shall have overall responsibility on the end to end quality of student life at the Academy.
- Promote the welfare of all students and staff at all times and in reiterating the importance of good welfare practice to all members of staff.
- Be a point of contact for any welfare concerns, and be visible to all students and staff.
- Develop and maintain all Health and Safety policies and ensure that these are published and made available.
- Ensure emergency procedures, health and safety guidelines are adhered to, including what to do during such events and take charge during any instances to remove people from danger as quickly as possible.
- Maintain accident/incident logs regarding any welfare, health and safety risks and incidents to students and staff.
- Ensure updated reports are provided to the General Director and prepare recommendations and solutions.
- Ensure proper discipline is maintained throughout the school.
- Mentor all welfare, administrative and operational support staff on the Academy service excellence ethos and ensure the utmost professionalism, proactive spirit and can-do attitude is maintained.
- Build community spirit and organise extra-curricular activities that will develop and enhance student performance, learning experience and industry engagement.
- Build strong relationships, seek open and transparent feedback with students, parents and industry partners to ensure optimum experience for students whilst at the Academy and also during internship placements.
- Establish standards for all maintenance, cleaning, administrative duties and ensure that these are performed to set standards.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities for the school facility, assets are properly scheduled and monitored.
- Ensure that all support to the Academy including office supplies, equipment, facilities, maintenance and stockholding of supplies are maintained for continuity of business and operations.
- Control approval of purchase orders, administrative and back office expenses, procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Develop procurement strategies that are cost-effective and inventive including sourcing and engaging with reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms, review existing contracts to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements, build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Oversee and manage IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- To assist with any other duties as instructed by the General Director. This can include participating in activities and undertaking administrative work.
- Support in developing the Academy’s operating procedures and processes and ensure that these are published and adhered to.
- Provide administrative support on all learning solutions and programs including any marketing activities.
- Ensure all student record and accounting processes and systems are in place. Consolidate data to monitor take-up and completion rates for the organisation’s products and services.
- Coordinate learner registration and attendance tracking. Ensure LMS records and database management are in place.
- To carry out risk assessments for activities and any other appropriate situation.
- To assist and deputise for other managers and leaders when required.
- Be a role model to all staff and students on upholding a guest-centric hospitality culture, demonstrating the highest standard of professionalism, proactive and problem solving spirit.
- An energetic, dynamic leader with a love of people, with strong communication and change management skills.
- Able to quickly implement systems and procedures with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- 6-8 years of experience in administration and procurement.
- Proven experience of procurement, AMC renewals, leasing, vendor management, filling tenders, sending quotations, legal documentation and administrative compliance.
- Experience of student welfare activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a strong understanding of the local operating environment in Oman with an acute understanding of diverse cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Good understanding of all Oman HSE Legislation, Guidance and Standards
Must be fluent in English and Arabic.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent