We are seeking a dynamic and creative Manager of Learning and Development who shall assume overall responsibility for the day to day operations of the teaching faculty at our Academy.
The candidate must possess a strong background in the hotel and service industry with a thorough knowledge of pedagogy, learning and instruction methodology.
The candidate shall be required to deliver courses from time to time, primarily focusing on soft skills and service delivery.
Reporting to the General Director, the Manager of Learning and Development shall implement and oversee the quality of learning objectives and outcomes amongst all academic and teaching personnel.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management of the Institute training practice and teaching staff including rostering and classroom management.
- Provide insight in consultation with other sections and its sub-ordinates in preparing budgets and regularly review the centre performance.
- Be a role model and ensure that all direct reports including students maintain the highest standards of conduct and strictly adhere to established processes.
- Support in driving and reflecting a guest-centric culture with the highest of professionalism and standards reflecting a world class hospitality culture.
- Oversee the delivery quality of instructors and undertake audits and regular performance reviews of all academic personnel, ensuring consistency in standards of teaching, performance and conduct.
- Overall responsible for managing the internship placement and industry partnership for relevant programs.
- Presides over the adjudication process; mediating discussions among concerned parties involved whenever instructors issue disciplinary actions that are disputed.
- Be responsible for ensuring all students progress and matriculate with the highest of standards.
- Undertake feedback from industry partners and students and ensure that these are translated to continuous improvement and learning solution programs.
- Conducts research and develops learning materials based upon agreed product and services portfolio objectives, including program syllabus, curriculum specifications, learning objectives and outcomes. He/she analyses the appropriate learning delivery modes as well as identifying opportunity for integration of learning technology and systems.
- Designs assessment processes, manages accreditation and certification processes and identifies opportunities to enhance curriculum effectiveness.
- Continuously develop and enhance the academic policies of the institute to meet both local, regional and global standards in curriculum design, pedagogy and academic conduct.
- Liaise with government bodies, educational institutes and industry partners to discuss plans on improving the educational curriculum to drive student competitiveness on the global level.
- Develop programs and initiatives to improve performance of students through close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships across the academic and industry community to understand emerging adult learning needs
- Ensures all program design, implementation and improvements undergo appropriate trial and review for effectiveness.
- Where required, be available to represent the institute publicly on marketing activities to raise the profile of the centre.
- Ensure all practices are implemented into approved policies and these are adhered to for consistency.
- A creative, analytical leader adept at forming connections between performance gaps and learning solutions and interventions and enjoys solving problems and has excellent critical thinking skills.
- A highly articulate role model in hospitality reflecting the highest of deportment, interpersonal and communication skills.
- 10 years of experience in hospitality operations management.
- Must have a strong understanding of hospitality culture, etiquette and standards. Must demonstrate and possess all such attributes.
- Experience in academic management and program development.
- Experience managing teams and diverse personalities.
- Master’s degree in Education or related filed.
- 2+ years of experience as a Academics in Charge or equivalent in a scholastic leadership role
- Valid teaching license is an advantage.
- Proven history in improving teaching performance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.