We are looking for a maintenance technician with a can do attitude to provide operational support to the maintenance, upkeep and transportation needs of our Academy.
The Academy maintenance technician shall have overall responsibility for the safe transportation of customers, students and the Center’s equipment and provide support on the day to day maintenance and upkeep of the Academy.
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Manage cooling and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, and carpentry.
- Help to maintain the maintenance budget, inventory records, equipment and supplies
- Arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic condition
- Ensure driving routes are mapped out ahead of time to determine most expedient trip.
- Provide support to the Centre’s operational teams on any inventory checks, billing enquiries and any shipment/logistical requirements.
- Liaise with team members on pickups and drop off schedule.
- When required, pack, load and collect goods. Ensure these are properly accounted for.
- Organise payments and collection from vendors, suppliers and partners. Issue receipts whenever required.
- Assist with loading and unloading of goods, luggage and equipment.
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Answer clients’ questions about the area and local places of interest
- Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues
- Book car wash and detailing services to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical and cooling systems
- Working knowledge of general painting, carpentry and maintenance works
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- Physically able to work overtime including weekends, public holidays and evenings.
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
- 5 years minimum experience working as a maintenance technician
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in Arabic and English.