We are looking for a Maintenance Executive with a can do attitude who shall be responsible for all repair and maintenance of the School’s physical assets including managing of all inventory and supplies.
Knowledge of electrical, plumbing and facility management skills are critical for the role with a background in the hospitality industry a plus.
You shall possess a friendly and can do attitude with attention to detail. Strong communication skills with good command of English and able to work 6 days a week in a must.
- Provide operational support to the Centre on all administrative needs including all office supplies, stock and placement of relevant orders.
- Ensure the Academy’s physical assets, the building, and systems are regularly inspected and properly logged.
- Preparing regular financial and administrative reports of operating expenses and budgets.
- Track expenses, reporting progress and assigning maintenance schedules
- Manage logistics and resource arrangements across the organisation’s products and services.
- Liaise with the academic teams for the management of classroom utilisation and resource allocation.
- Ensure that all equipment, CAPEX are properly maintained, stored and repaired for optimal operational efficiency.
- Ensure all learning materials and resources are available to maximise student learning experience including their proper record of distribution and collation.
- Supervise all operational, maintenance and back of house personnel of the institute.
- Ensure all support staff duties are properly rostered and they maintain the utmost of professional conduct and service delivery.
- Manage vendors ensuring they meet the institute standards and oversee the supply management, procurement, delivery and quality control of all supplies.
- Continuously monitor and upkeep training facilities and equipment and ensure that proper records and asset management systems are in place.
- Implement hygiene policies and practices for cleanliness and health and safety of all facility and equipment.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
- Perform administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and undertake purchase orders.
- Manage the logistics, clearance and delivery of all equipment and assets of the Academy. Manage the submission of all necessary documentation for safe clearance, transportation and storage of goods.
- Conduct regular inspections of the facilities to detect and resolve problems.
- Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates for approval.
- Undertake the repairs whenever possible and ensure minimum cost is incurred whilst quality work is completed
- Be on hand to repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures including any painting, carpentry, electrical and landscape works.
- Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs.
- When required, support on any packing, loading and collecting of goods.
- Organize quotations for any outside contract work and ensure these are properly vetted.
- Supervise all contractor work and ensure their service delivery is up to requirements and all safety procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for overseeing all maintenance budget, inventory records, equipment and supply levels
- Manage all asset registers and ensure these are properly accounted for
- Ensure all inventory coming in and out of the school is properly accounted for.
- Ensure all payments and collection from vendors, suppliers and partners are properly accounted for.
- Ensure all staff are properly supervised, work is scheduled and communication lines between responsibilities are clearly defined.
- Ensure deviations from the standard process are effectively communicated to the relevant people/functions.
- Ensure all department workers adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff members demonstrate the highest of professional standard.
- Uphold the Academy’ service excellence ethos at all times.
- An energetic, dynamic team member, able to manage complex tasks and duties with a strong understanding of the supply chain and maintenance procedures in Oman.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities with a polite and professional disposition.
- Strong understanding of health and safety procedures
- Excellent understanding of the technical features of plumbing, water, carpentry, and electrical systems.
- Able to be hands-on and perform maintenance tasks whenever required.
- Ability to lift heavy packages
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physically able to work overtime including weekends, public holidays and evenings when required.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Good understanding of all Oman HSE Legislation, Guidance and Standards
- Minimum of 5 years in facility management or supply chain.
- Previous supervisory experience is a bonus.
- Background in F&B Operations, restaurant or hospitality supply chain.
- High School Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A valid driver’s license
Must be fluent in English and Arabic.
Job Type: Permanent