We are looking for a customer focused kitchen steward who shall maintain and clean the equipment and amenities of the Academy’s culinary labs including providing general kitchen operational support for the teaching staff.
As a kitchen steward, you shall provide superior service to the culinary faculty and visitors by ensuring that the kitchen, restaurant and bar area are maintained and kept sanitary. You will also provide general teaching preparation support to the culinary teaching team.
- Maintains the Academy’s kitchen and surrounding areas, keeping them clean and sanitary.
- Creating and maintaining a cleaning schedule for the kitchen, cleaning the stoves, ovens, pots, pans, grills, and refrigerators, and washing dishes, glasses, and cutlery.
- Provide operational support to the culinary teaching staff such as blending soups, preparing vegetables and raw ingredients.
- Help on food preparation, storing and proper refrigeration of goods.
- Provide the teaching academy on inventory of all food items and loose equipment.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organised at all times
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times.
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and standards.
- Adhere to all sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure waste bin area is kept clean and tidy.
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes and related serviceware following established procedures.
- Consistently adheres to safety practices and procedures related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the Academy.
- Check all chemical levels and inventory.
- Wash, Wipe, Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
- Wash, Wipe, Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organised and safe manner.
- If any breakages or chipped items found then remove them from circulation and update the breakage and inventory register.
- Clean, sanitise and close workstations.
- Uses and maintains all equipment’s according to manufacturer and department guidelines.
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the respective supervisor or manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organisation skills
- Knowledge of hotel kitchen and industrial cooking equipment
- Knowledge of handling of kitchen equipment and proper care
- Professional attitude with acute attention to detail and standards of hygiene
- Experience in a hotel or large restaurant
- Minimum Highschool diploma
- Competent in spoken English with some Arabic an advantage.