We are seeking a dynamic Industry Relations and HR officer who shall be responsible for industry partnerships to develop opportunities for student internships and be on hand to support on the career pathway and journey of our students at the Academy.
- Promote the Academy’s interests by exhibiting at tradeshows, meetings and/or hosting similar events
- Act as a representation of the Academy to the community whenever required for industry events, career fairs, open days.
- Recommend and provide guidance to developing business plans, marketing initiatives and outreach programs.
- Participate in the creation of annual and periodic reports
- Network for potential funding sources by attending organizational meetings and other events/opportunities
- Monitor, analyze and track external activities (e.g., government legislation) that may affect the Academy’s operations
- Work with government, industry partners on the development of employability skills for students.
- Working with the soft skills faculty and Learning and Development faculty, continuous review programs to address the latest needs of employees and industry partners
- Ensure that employment laws, regulations and best practices are communicated to students during internship placement
- Develop awareness and knowledge on employability skills within the student community
- Attend workshops, focus groups and sessions to develop enrichment programs for the betterment of student’s lifelong learning opportunities and career advancement
- Coordinate relationship development efforts
- Host campus visits, internship tours for students
- Facilitate visits from external organizations that are existing or potential partners
- Identify and facilitate interactions with new prospective partners for internship placement opportunities for students
- Negotiate contract terms with external organisations to support on the internship placement of students and future employment opportunities
- Develop internship placement programs, initiatives and embed robust processes to ensure that students maximise their experience and future employment opportunities
- Review industry partner feedback and ensure that these are captured and insights shared with the Academy for future improvement and enhancement.
- Develop internship performance management systems to maximise the delivery of service by the students at partner businesses.
- Oversee the internship placement progress of students, monitor student feedback and performance
- Liaise with HR managers of industry partners and key supervisors on student performance, progress and intervene whenever required on employment issues
- Be on hand to coach students and provide guidance and insight whenever possible during internship placements
- Represent the Academy in all Labour and Education related ministries in relation to labour processing, accreditation, licensing, permits and related procedures.
- Be the focal point for all employment law compliance, disciplinary and grievance issues, redundancies etc.
- Keep track of all trade licenses, leases and other government certificates to ensure that documents are up to date.
- Demonstrate the highest of professional standards and expectations that industry partners would expect from students. Be a role model for prospective, existing students and future employees of industry partners.
- Must have strong government connections
- Knowledge of government employment laws and regulations
- Strong knowledge of education standards and regulations
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience working in the HR department of the hospitality and retail sector
- Background in employment counselling, industry partnerships and added advantage
- Minimum diploma in HR, Employee relations or related field
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent