We are seeking a creative and dynamic Head of Culinary Arts Learning who has a strong background in the hotel and restaurant business.
The candidate must have worked as an executive chef for a well-known hotel brand and managed and supervised the development of culinary design, standards and junior chefs.
- Deliver the VET by EHL training programs in Culinary, Pastry and generic kitchen subjects to students of various levels and backgrounds.
- Deliver any other culinary related programs at the Academy.
- Implement the VET by EHL strategy in the line of activities carried out in the Kitchen.
- Participate in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises.
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
- Establish training sessions and assign production and preparation tasks to be executed.
- Impart ‘Best Practices’ & observe physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
- Impart effective training in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, cooking supplies and equipment.
- Impart knowledge of various cuisine styles and techniques and flavour profiles
- Impart knowledge of beverages and wines.
- Responsible for conducting frequent walkthroughs of kitchen area and direct junior staff to correct any deficiencies.
- Responsible to observe, document and offer re-training for all equipment in a proper operational condition.
- Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted, documented and continually bench-marked.
- Train on how to plan and manage food quantities and plating requirements.
- Document food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Impart importance on how to build strong relationships and liaise with all other departments.
- Leading by example in customer service excellence, beyond training duties
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance.
- Develop students’ passion for the hospitality and the service environment
- Represent the highest standards in deportment, body language, grooming and personal communication.
- Develop course materials and continuously improve them based upon changing trends in the industry and employee contexts
- Document and report on student progress
- Evaluate student performance
- Provide and publish MIS, other reports and insights as per requirement.
- Identifies the developmental needs of junior staff and provide coaching, mentoring to improve their knowledge or skill.
- Perform operational duties whenever required.
- Support on all marketing activities and events.
- Extremely creative and willing to explore new cuisine trends
- Knowledge of current and updated culinary trends.
- Sound good knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food preparation techniques.
- Able to work flexible hours and days.
- Able to teach skills and effectively manage apprentices.
- Certificate through WSET or similar
- At least 8 years experience as an executive chef in a Western Restaurant with a thorough knowledge of French cuisine
- Background as a F&B Manager is a plus
2-year or 3 Year degree from an accredited school/university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major, apprenticeship or chef training diploma
Competent in written and spoken English
Job Type: Permanent