We are seeking a fulltime Instructor to lead the Front Office certifications at our new Academy offering the VET by EHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausanne) program in hospitality.
You must demonstrate strong attention to detail, able to work flexible hours and extensive knowledge of Rooms and Front office functions in the hospitality and service industry.
You must be presentable and have a passion for service excellence and customer satisfaction.
Reporting to the Manager of Learning and Development, the Head of Front Office Instructor shall have overall responsibility on delivery and standards of front office training at the Institute.
- Deliver the VET by EHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausanne) training programs in Front Office subjects to students of various levels and backgrounds.
- Implement the VET by EHL strategy in the line of activities carried out at the Front Office.
- Impart the importance of outstanding customer care at all times.
- Training students on efficient facilitation of Check – in/Check out process.
- Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises;
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times;
- Teach correct telephone standards and in-person inquiries regarding reservations and guest handling.
- Share selling techniques to sell room nights, how to increase occupancy and basic revenue management.
- Train on how to tackle/resolve operational issues/problems and coach the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
- Train on how to resolve customer issues, complaints and problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Impart knowledge in how to efficiently allocate rooms for expected arrivals after checking the guest’s preferences and manage special requests.
- Demonstrate and impart skills building strong relationships and liaison with all other departments.
- Transmitting ‘Best Practices’ like cross checking of all billing instructions/guest details are correctly updated
- Impart proper methods and tips on how to control cash transactions at the front desk and the importance of maintaining complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Leading by example in customer service excellence, beyond training duties
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance.
- Develop students’ passion for the hospitality and the service environment
- Represent the highest standards in deportment, body language, grooming and personal communication.
- Develop course materials and continuously improve them based upon changing trends in the industry and employee contexts
- Document and report on student progress
- Evaluate student performance
- Provide and publish MIS, other reports and insights as per requirement.
- Identifies the developmental needs of junior staff and provide coaching, mentoring to improve their knowledge or skill.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Support on all marketing activities and events.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills. Knowledge of Opera / Fidelio / Other world Class Property Management System is required.
- Able to teach skills and effectively manage apprentices.
- Minimum 5 years work experience as Front Office Associate / Front office cashier in a hotel
- Prior experience as a trainer in Front Office Operations a plus.
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in hotel or another related field.
- Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
- Excellent command of English with a strong vocabulary and knowledge of service language.
- Additional language is a plus.