- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of common POS and PMS is required.
- Able to teach skills and effectively manage apprentices.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Food & Beverage department in an international hotel or an upscale international restaurant in supervising or management position
- Diploma or Degree in Restaurant or Hospitality Management or related major.
- Certificates in WSET or Sommelier and added advantage
- Excellent command of English with a strong vocabulary and knowledge of service language.
- Additional language is a plus.
- Deliver the VET by EHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausanne) training programs in F&B Service to students of various levels and backgrounds.
- Deliver any other service and F&B related programs at the Academy.
- Implement the VET by EHL strategy in the line of activities carried out in the F&B Service.
- Train on ‘Best Practices’ of a western restaurant (Greet/meet and Seat/ Service with a smile).
- Participate in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises.
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
- Teach students and staff on how to take food and beverage orders from the guest on order taking pads and on Point of sale (POS) systems.
- Train on how to obtain revenues, issue receipts, accept payments.
- Share how to Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisors.
- Effectively train students & staff on how to communicate with the guest and how to provide assistance with their queries.
- Impart understanding and skills in service flow, service scenarios and customer handling
- Imparts responsibility on how to coordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Impart observation tips on guest management, how to ensure their satisfaction with food and service.
- Sensitizes team on prompt response to guest with any additional request.
- Impart knowledge in wine and beverages service.
- Prompt in checking and reporting adherence to grooming and appearance standards, consistently.
- Teach students on how to understand the restaurant closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Teach students on how to tally Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Impart importance on how to build strong relationships and liaise with all other departments.
- Leading by example in customer service excellence, beyond training duties
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance.
- Develop students’ passion for the hospitality and the service environment
- Represent the highest standards in deportment, body language, grooming and personal communication.
- Develop course materials and continuously improve them based upon changing trends in the industry and employee contexts
- Document and report on student progress
- Evaluate student performance
- Provide and publish MIS, other reports and insights as per requirement.
- Identifies the developmental needs of junior staff and provide coaching, mentoring to improve their knowledge or skill.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned, including any operational duties.
- Support on all marketing activities and events.