We are seeking a fulltime Instructor to deliver service training at our new Academy offering the VET by EHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausanne) program in hospitality.
You must demonstrate strong attention to detail, able to work flexible hours and extensive knowledge of Rooms and Front office functions in the hospitality and service industry.
You must be presentable and have a passion for service excellence and customer satisfaction.
Reporting to the Head of F&B and Service Excellence Instructor, you shall deliver service and food and beverage related training at the Academy.
- Deliver the VET by EHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausanne) training programs in F&B Service to students of various levels and backgrounds.
- Deliver any other service and F&B related programs at the Academy.
- Train on ‘Best Practices’ of a western restaurant (Greet/meet and Seat/ Service with a smile).
- Participate in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises.
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
- Teach students and staff on how to take food and beverage orders from the guest on order taking pads and on Point of sale (POS) systems.
- Train on how to obtain revenues, issue receipts, accept payments.
- Share how to Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisors.
- Effectively train students & staff on how to communicate with the guest and how to provide assistance with their queries.
- Impart understanding and skills in service flow, service scenarios and customer handling
- Imparts responsibility on how to coordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Able to impart observation tips on guest management and how to ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Sensitizes team on prompt response to guest with any additional request.
- Impart knowledge in beverages and wine and spririt service.
- Prompt in checking and reporting adherence to grooming and appearance standards, consistently. (MUST lead by example).
- Teach students on how to understand the restaurant closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Teach students on how to tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Impart importance on how to build strong relationships and liaise with all other departments.
- Leading by example in customer service excellence, beyond training duties
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance.
- Develop students’ passion for the hospitality and the service environment
- Represent the highest standards in deportment, body language, grooming and personal communication.
- Document and report on student progress
- Evaluate student performance
- Provide and publish MIS, other reports and insights as per requirement.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned, including any operational duties.
- Support on all marketing activities and events.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of common POS and PMS is required.
- Able to teach skills and effectively manage apprentices.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Food & Beverage department in an international hotel or an upscale international restaurant in supervising or management position
- Diploma or Degree in Restaurant or Hospitality Management or related major.
- Certificates in WSET or Sommelier and added advantage
- Excellent command of English with a strong vocabulary and knowledge of service language.
- Additional language is a plus.