We are seeking a English teacher to join our team at our new Academy offering the Vocational Education & Training (VET) by EHL (Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne) program in hospitality. You will be required to deliver foundation English to develop students skills in a business context in particular for the hospitality and service sector.
English should be your native language with a strong background in teaching Business English as a core subject.
To be a successful instructor, you should demonstrate effective teaching practices for adult learners.
- Deliver English and service language lessons to students in the VET by EHL programs
- Provide students with contextual understanding of how to use expressions that would best engage and delight guests within a hospitality context
- Develop students vocabulary and use of industry terms specially focusing on the food and beverage, hospitality and service sectors
- Develop students skills in listening, comprehension, reading and writing
- Support in developing students’ soft skills in communication
- Provide engaging and rewarding classroom environment where students can develop their confidence in a hospitality context
- Develop students awareness of language and its application in a variety of cultural contexts
- Provide a stimulating learning environment to students that is sensitive to their personal psychosocial needs
- Develop course materials and continuously improve them based upon changing trends in the industry and employee contexts
- Incorporate the Academy’s objectives into the curriculum by remaining up to date with mission and initiatives
- Develop course materials for future academic pathways
- Develop critical thinking skills of students to solve problems in an engaging and stimulating environment
- Document and report on student progress
- Evaluate student performance
- Provide and publish MIS, other reports and insights as per requirement.
- Provide bridging after-class sessions if needed
- Support on any accreditation requirements
- Participate in training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises;
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times;
- Attending meetings with parents and staff to discuss student progress
- Attend staff development days to improve skills and receive help and feedback from colleagues
- Act as a role model by making your students feel motivated while maintaining an approachable personality
- Demonstrate the highest of professionalism, ethics and uphold the Academy’s service excellence ethos.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Support on all marketing activities and events.
- Must be a native English speaker with a strong understanding of latin an advantage
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Excellent grammar knowledge
- Excellent diction
- Knowledge of great works of literature
- Comfortable with working with students from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Ability to create lesson plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in teaching
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with a specialization in English, or equivalent.
- Licensed to teach with a teacher certificate
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent