We are seeking a creative and dynamic Culinary Instructor who has a strong background in the hotel and restaurant business.
The candidate must have experience as a Head Chef and handled the development of junior members with a strong background in cuisine styles, standards.
Experience working for a 5-star hotel brand is a plus.
Reporting to the Head of Culinary Instructor, the Specialist shall delivery the VET by EHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausanne) culinary programs to students of the Academy.
- Deliver the VET by EHL (Ecole Hotelier Lausanne) training programs in Culinary, Pastry and generic kitchen subjects to students of various levels and backgrounds.
- Delivery other culinary related programs offered at the Academy
- Undertake all necessary training sessions and ensure all classes are prepared according to standards.
- Participate in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises.
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
- Impart knowledge of various cuisine styles and techniques and flavour profiles
- Impart knowledge of beverages and wines.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to students.
- Impart ‘Best Practices’ & observe physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
- Impart effective training in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, cooking supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrate service standards and cuisine preparation techniques
- Impart knowledge about recipe preparation, plating standards and documentation in a Ktichen environment.
- Demonstrate how to manage food quantities, equipment usage and meal preparation techniques.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Represent the highest standards in deportment, body language, grooming and personal communication.
- Document and report on student progress
- Evaluate student performance
- Provide and publish MIS, other reports and insights as per requirement.
- Perform operational duties whenever required.
- Support on all marketing activities and events.
- Very good knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food preparation techniques.
- Able to work flexible hours and days.
- Knowledge of current and updated culinary trends.
- Able to teach skills and effectively manage students and apprentices.
- Certificate through WSET or similar
- At least 5 years experience as Head chef in a Western Restaurant
- Knowledge of Arabic and Asian cuisine a plus
- 2-year or 3 Year degree from an accredited school/university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major, apprenticeship or chef training diploma
- Competent in written and spoken English.