We are looking for a dynamic Counselling and Admissions Officer who will be responsible for providing superior customer service to students and parents on the admissions process.
They should possess a solid knowledge of the Academy programs, career pathways in the hospitality industry.
- Implements enrolment strategies to reach prospective students through events, referrals, online and print communications, and outreaches to businesses and organizations.
- Undertake to track competitor programs, pricing and features including their marketing programs for enrolment.
- Create tailored enrolment plans for each semester with the Admissions Manager, Industry Relations team and the Marketing team. The plan includes enrolment activities, participation in events/conferences/fairs, communications with prospective students and networking opportunities.
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills and professionalism throughout daily interactions and communication with students including interviews, phone calls, emails and information sessions.
- Utilize phone, email, and mail to communicate with prospective students in a timely manner, providing superior student service. Ensure Parent & Student delight in every possible way
- Regularly visit schools, industry partners and attend information sessions, open days and career fairs and tours. Represent the Academy with the utmost of professional standards.
- Provide visits to the school and organize information sessions. Explain in detail USP, facilities & benefits for parents & students, industry partners on the Academy programs, its teaching approach and internship placement.
- Follow-up on leads with the marketing team and monitor plans to meet admission targets.
- Work with demographics of cities/towns in that area to best reach the student population.
- Support in growing the alumni network to develop new student/professional networks, garner student referrals. Alumni are to be utilized at information sessions, outreaches, phoning etc.
- Compile previous years lost sales data and follow up with students who do not matriculate personally to understand challenges and offer insight and advice on how to improve the student journey.
- Have a strong understanding of all technical and practical requirements for each program pathways including employee profile needs and requirements.
- Work with the faculty to develop extra-curricular activities and any enrichment programs which will enhance a student’s experience and journey throughout the Academy.
- Ensure applicants and parents are fully appraised and have in-depth knowledge of the Academy programs, its admission requirements, and the career pathways each program offers.
- Provide accurate, fair and transparent advice to students and parents and ensure individualized attention is offered throughout the enquiry, application and admission process.
- Undertake interviews with prospective students to answer any queries regarding their career pathways, and the programs on offer at the Academy.
- Determine student academic record, extracurricular and volunteer activities and whether a student’s general personality is a good fit for the Academy.
- Build relationships with students and parents and determine the correct program fit for students’ career and personal goals and follow them through the enrolment process
- Contribute to decisions on admissions and ensure that the student’s potential is fully realized through appropriate guidance and advice.
- Work with prospective students to garner completed application files prior to enrolment and efforts to increase retention.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Academy and apply them fairly to all applicants.
- Adhere to legal requirements when admitting or denying admissions and ensure all decisions are according to law.
- Provide observations on how to improve the enrolment process.
- Work within registration deadlines, strive towards Academy wide enrollment goals and use outstanding customer service to recruit students to the Academy’s programs.
- Responsible for inventory record for admissions & outreach activities.
- Complete weekly activity report to include documentation of recruitment/outreach activities and student appointments.
- Collect feedback from prospective students, parents, industry stakeholders.
- Under the direction of the Admission Manager, participate in the events prior, during, and after each term such as information sessions, orientations, registration events and graduation.
- Be responsible for managing and update of all college collaterals including forms, application literature.
- Manage student files and records and ensure these are always up to date.
- Conduct career guidance sessions to prospective parents and students at schools and career fairs.
- Provide consultation on extracurricular activities and any bridging programs or techniques that may be needed by the candidate to ensure that they not only excel in the programs at the Academy but also maximize their potential as an employee.
- Identify and recommend new effective & innovative ways of counselling
- Be on hand to provide any career consultation advice and program advice to students during their journey through the Academy.
- Attend training sessions to receive updated information about new programs, services, educator licensure requirements, industry partnerships and government initiatives.
- Ensure the highest standards of ethics, professionalism and conduct is adhered to throughout the admissions process.
- Promote the programs with the utmost of professionalism, and demonstrate and uphold the service excellence ethos of the Academy.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned and provide administrative and teaching support during off admission season.
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Solid knowledge of the hospitality and hotel industry career pathways
- Be flexible and able to work during evenings, and some weekends when required.
- Able to travel, drive with access to vehicle
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, social media and marketing via the internet as a tool
- Passionate about Counselling / Marketing
- At least 3 years experience working as an recruitment, admissions or counselling advisor.
- Experience working in the HR division of a hospitality industry such as hotels and large retail
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, education or related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Excellent communication in English with strong knowledge of Arabic a must.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent