We are looking for a cleaner and general maintenance assistant who shall be responsible for the daily cleaning of the Academy with experience in the hotel and restaurant industry.
You shall possess a friendly and can do attitude with attention to detail. Strong communication skills with good command of English and able to work 6 days a week in a must.
Reporting to the Maintenance Technician, the cleaner shall be responsible for the day to day cleaning of the Academy in particular the restaurant, teaching classrooms and kitchen area.
- Assisting with kitchen duties such as meal preparations
- Responsible for cleaning restaurant and kitchen equipment
- Responsible for all cleaning around the Academy teaching labs, in particular the Kitchen and restaurant labs.
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of the lavatory areas prior to the start of the day.
- Ensure all teaching classrooms, labs, classrooms and lavatory are cleaned daily prior to the start and the end of the day.
- Ensures all equipment is cleaned using correct equipment and are stored correctly
- Cleans floors and rooms. including dust mopping, damp mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up larger objects off the floor, and spot cleaning glass and windows.
- Cleans restrooms, including restocking dispensers, emptying trash, cleaning and sanitizing fixtures, cleaning mirrors, spot cleaning partition doors and walls, sweeping and mopping tile floors, and cleaning toilets and urinals.
- Vacuums, empties trash, and replaces liners.
- Sets up, stocks, and maintains cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Monitors and maintains sanitation and organization of assigned areas.
- Transports used equipment to be cleaned and restocks areas with clean equipment.
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Must be available to work 6 days a week
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Physically able to stand for extended periods
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Previous cleaning experience in a hotel, restaurant is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is preferred.
Good English communication skills